Clinical Lab Scientist – Blood Bank
To Apply for this Job Click Here
Lakeshore Talent is currently seeking a Clinical Lab Scientist for one of their clients, a nationally renowned healthcare network. This Scientist will support the Blood Bank of a hospital in Downtown Chicago, IL.
Pay: $63-65/hr depending on experience
Contract Length: 3 months, with high potential for extension or hire
Shift: 3:00pm-11:30pm Monday-Friday
Because this is a healthcare position, proof of immunization records are required upon hire (MMR, Varicella, TB, TDAP, COVID, 2022/2023 Flu Shot)
- Performs all aspects of pre-analytic workflow appropriate for the laboratory to ensure orders are entered correctly, specimens collected are appropriate for the test ordered and are correctly processed/transported.
- Verifies non-patient information (e.g., collection time) according to established protocol.
- Handles unresolved orders, troubleshoots where needed.
- Verifies with physician and/or nurses prior to order entry to resolve unclear, duplicate or otherwise ambiguous orders.
- Verifies specimens for add-on tests are available and acceptable and generates add-on test orders.
- Recognizes when fraud and abuse compliance issues require adjustments to the test order.
- Collecting, receiving and processing of specimens
- Verifies specimens are correctly and completely labeled upon receipt.
- Evaluates specimens for appropriateness and takes necessary corrective action.
- Appropriately documents unacceptable specimens.
- Prioritizes specimen processing based on established priorities.
- Aliquots specimens according to established protocols.
- Performs all aspects of analytical testing appropriate for the specific laboratory section.
- Maintains test system integrity; performs preventative maintenance on instruments/equipment
What You Bring:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- MT, MLS, or MLT ASCP Certification
- 3+ years of Blood Bank experience
- Strong communication skills and attention to details
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
JOB ID: 47531