Epic Beaker Application Analyst
To Apply for this Job Click Here
Lakeshore Talent is seeking an Epic Beaker Application Analyst to support one of the nation’s leading hospital networks based in Aurora, CO. This position is responsible for full performance complex work supporting information technology application(s) through planning, designing, implementing, maintaining and providing ongoing optimization and support. Duties include providing front line support to end users through analyzing and diagnosing problems and determining a solution.
Location: Aurora, CO – Hybrid opportunity
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm MST
Pay Rate: $80 – $84 per hour (depending on experience)
Contract Length: 10 month contract with the potential for extension and/or permanent hire at the end of the contract!
- Analyzes and diagnoses complex system problems, identifies root cause, and then solves the problem or escalates issues to other appropriate IT staff when outside area of responsibility or expertise.
- Plans, designs, implements, maintains and provides ongoing optimization and support for applications.
- Gathers, validates, and translates complex technological requirements into design and development specification while providing product management.
- Collaborates with system users to and other IT professionals evaluate, plan, design, develop, test, implement and maintain systems.
- Addresses highly technical issues that occur during installation and maintenance activities.
- Completes or coordinates the preparation, coding, testing, and debugging of complex programs.
- Analyzes, designs and builds workflows to meet the needs of users.
- Configures and integrates electronic and mechanical hardware with software products to meet the functional criteria of client specifications.
- Gathers and analyzes information to resolve incidents and troubleshoot problems. Documents the process and resolves the problem.
- Documents design, application and technical specifications as appropriate. Works with others to create support and training documents.
- Identifies and clarifies reporting needs and expectations with end users and works with report developers to clarify data and reporting needs.
- May serve as a subject matter expert (SME) in the underlying data structure to assist report developers with complex report needs.
- Partners with vendor to troubleshoot and resolve system problems, to improve product performance and usability.
- Provides vendor with recommendations for system improvements.
- Reviews documentation for complex upgrades and monthly system updates. Evaluates possible changes and impacts with other analysts and end users.
- Supports end users and provides primarily Tier 2 and Tier 3 support for supported systems.
- Serves as a mentor to team members as requested for technical and customer support skills development.
- Acts as a project lead for complex projects.
- Simplifies complex workflows.
- Minimum of 3 years Beaker CP analyst experience
- Required: Epic Beaker & Clinical Pathology Certification
- Preferred: Clinical laboratory experience
- Preferred: Medical Technologist (ASCP) or equivalent certification
- Preferred: Base Genomics and/or Genetics (VAR result type) build experience
- Preferred: Completion of the Genomics Knowledge Track
- Experience building complex Best Practice Alerts (BPAs)
- HL7 interface experience a plus
JOB ID 47783