Accounting Clerk (Nonprofit)
To Apply for this Job Click Here
Lakeshore Talent is currently seeking an Accounting Clerk for a well-known Non-Profit, based out of Denver, Colorado. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to be a part of a warm and friendly accounting department in a mission-based organization!
This will be in-office for the month of training; following that period employees can select either a hybrid or remote schedule. Applicants must be based in Colorado to be considered. This position is paying $24-$26/hr. Background check required upon hire.
As an accounting clerk you will be responsible for administrative and accounting support to the finance department, specifically working with the Accounts Payable team.
- A/P data entry and vendor maintenance
- Check and ACH Processing
- Large check runs and assist in mailings
- Assist with other special projects as needed
- Assist with requests for various financial audits
- Review AP backup
- Enter check requests into accounts payable
- Print and mail checks
- Maintain communication with internal staff
- Work closely with internal departments to purchase items for clients and to ensure delivery in a timely manner
- Act as a liaison between relevant internal departments and vendors, providing updates as needed
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Moderate Excel skills preferred, Outlook and Word proficiency
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Ability to analyze information and use sound judgement when making recommendations
- Positive demeanor with the ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing
- Demonstrates the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
This is a contract to hire opportunity paying $25.50. Upon permanent hire, benefits with the company offered are:
- Employer paid medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Generous paid time off such as vacation, sick, personal, and holidays
- Life and disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement (full-time employees only)
- Mileage reimbursement
- 403(B) with company match
- Employee assistance program