Director of Safety
To Apply for this Job Click Here
Lakeshore Talent is partnering with an exciting and growing company with large facilities and 250+ locations to fill a role for a Director of Safety!
This is paying $115-$150k + bonus and full benefits package including (but not limited to) medical, dental, and 401k with matching. It will be working fully remote on a daily basis, but will be traveling up to 30% to locations across the country.
The position is responsible for the development and implementation of companywide health and safety operational standards, deploying risk and safety training aligned to regulatory requirements, internal standards, and industry best practices, implementing a comprehensive field audit program encompassing safety, asset protection, and compliance, and establishing leading and lagging risk and safety metrics.
This position will be actively involved in process re-engineering efforts designed to create scalable long-term solutions to support the company’s growth model. This position plays a critical role in the development, oversight, and continuous improvement of operational safety and compliance assessments at locations, assisting with internal and external investigations, and leading security and safety requirements within the field. Additionally, this position is responsible for identifying and assessing safety and risk-mitigating controls and supporting the control of retail and membership revenue shortages and shrink through awareness training, control implementation, and analyzing company system data, including outlier reports.
Independent Audits and Self-Inspections/Assessments:
- Develop and lead a comprehensive audit program to help management identify potential safety hazards and minimize risk.
- Review and revise field-level safety inspection checklists in collaboration with Operations.
- Partner with the insurance company and third-party safety and security consultants in scheduling, prioritizing, and addressing recommendations.
- Develop, implement, and oversee reporting for trends and oversight.
- Document appropriate recommendations to senior leadership based on available information and best practice standards.
Risk and Safety Processes, Policies, and Procedures:
- Partner with cross-functional departments to proactively identify risks and implement procedures to safeguard company assets, team members, and guests.
- Review the capabilities of existing and emerging technologies to enhance existing safety programs.
- Spearhead process and procedure changes based on comprehensive risk evaluation criteria.
- Draft and publish updates to the Risk and Operations Manuals, including asset protection, safety, illness, and injury prevention, emergency action and response, and OSHA compliance.
- Review and interpret applicable federal, state, and local regulations in collaboration with counsel to determine appropriate course of action for compliance.
- Lead risk assessments of attractions and propose operational procedures to identify areas of improvement regarding risk mitigation and compliance guidelines.
Training and Emergency Action Plans:
- Develop and present safety training materials.
- Develop and implement required safety training, including emergency action plans and crisis response strategies, and safety-related field training.
Safety Oversight and Data Analytics:
- Assess safety and security incident trends to drive policies, audit procedures, and follow-up activities.
- Develop leading and lagging risk and safety indicators.
- Implement strategies to enhance existing programs and remain current with the latest applicable safety trends.
- Manage safety and security investigations, including coordination with law enforcement, government, or industry regulatory agencies as needed.
Coach and Develop:
- Manage safety team and provide guidance and work direction on programs and procedures.
- Conduct regular department and individual meetings to establish goals and review progress.
- Evaluate and develop team member strengths, including regular reviews and professional development.
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational safety and health or safety management, risk management, or business administration. Master’s degree in occupational safety and health or safety is preferred.
- 8+ years of Safety and Health or Safety Management experience.
- Must be able to travel throughout the country as needed (approx. 30%).
- Experience in customer and employee safety within multi-unit environments including retail, hospitality, amusement and attractions, or fitness industries is preferred.
- Licenses CSP, ASP, GSP, CIH, or equivalent safety cert/ training preferred.
- Proficiency with occupational safety disciplines and knowledge of related federal, state, and local safety and health laws and regulations (e.g., Cal/Fed OSHA, DOSH, DOH, etc.).
- Working knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, PowerBI, and various camera monitoring platforms.