Lakeshore Talent is seeking a Delinquency and Collections Specialist to support a long-term rental organization based in Denver, CO. As the Delinquency and Collections Specialist, you will work with internal teams, owners, residents, and legal partners to develop policies and procedures around resident delinquencies, evictions, collections, security deposits, and rental assistance.
Schedule: This is a part-time position (10-20 hours per week) with flexible scheduling
Location: You will be working on-site in Denver, CO the majority of the time, but there is some remote flexibility
Pay: $24-$30 per hour
- Conduct resistant move-out procedures, including reviewing lease terms and notice requirements, applying appropriate deposit and lease cancellation fees, and if necessary, processing the disposition in accordance with established procedures and legal requirements
- Review resident files and financial records to identify outstanding or overdue fees, initiate communication with residents regarding unpaid balances, collect delinquent payments, and enforce the lease agreements to optimize revenue
- Adhere to the established eviction protocols by following proper notice requirements, evicting residents, and representing the company as required in court hearings and eviction proceedings
- Compline routine reports that provide comprehensive insight into delinquency and collections metrics
- Collaborate with the Accounting team to ensure resident collections and bad debt are accounted for
- 2+ years of related work experience in accounting, finance, accounts receivable, collections, etc.
- Prior property management experience and familiarity with Appfolio, preferred
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail, particularly as it relates to numbers
- Ability to handle repetitive tasks with high accuracy
- Strong teamwork, organizational, and time management skills with the ability to handle many different requests in a fast-paced environment