Lakeshore Talent is partnering with a client who has a need for a Digital Content Editor, for a well-known company based out of Chicago, Illinois. This is an in-office contract to hire position.
Background check required upon hire.
The Digital Content Editor will support property site content proofreading and editing at our company, and reports directly to the Senior Manager, Digital Content Strategy & Localization. The ideal candidate will be highly skilled at line editing, with an eagle-eye for the smallest of details and a proven ability to maintain brand voice, technical accuracy, and factual exactitude throughout all property site content.
- Proofread and edit content to support various global brands, hotels, and resorts.
- Maintain strict adherence to established formatting standards, brand tone and voice, corporate guidelines, and Associated Press Style
- Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail, ensuring grammatical and factual accuracy, as well as compliance with business rules and norms.
- Approach complex challenges by distilling content into clear, concise, and cohesive messaging by way of creative copy solutioning.
- Positively engage and build relationships with cross-functional stakeholders, both internal and external
- Adapt to a fast-paced environment where evolving business needs may shift priorities and project deadlines.
- Proactively communicate with manager and team members to meet deadlines and respond to stakeholder requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in English, communications, marketing, journalism, linguistics, or a related field
- 3-5 years of copyediting experience in a fast-paced environment, preferably within the areas of marketing, social media, eCommerce, hospitality, or journalism
- Excellent editorial judgment
- High level of attention to the smallest of details
- Ability to quickly synthesize multiple inputs and tell a cohesive story.
- Ability to perform research and fact-checking as needed.
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate cross-functionally.
- Experience editing marketing copy is a plus.
- Experience in the hospitality industry is a plus.