Lakeshore Talent is searching for several Certified Pharmacy Technicians to support one of nation’s highest ranking hospital in Aurora, CO. This position will start as a 3 month contract with potential for extension and/or permanent hire!
Schedule: rotating days & eves, shift times vary; Wknd: every 4th weekend; Float: Float day & evening shifts
Pay Rate: $30-$34 per hour (depending on experience)
- Prepare medication orders for inpatients and prepare prescriptions for outpatients
- Pick up and deliver medications to nursing units
- Answer phones and screen calls to determine if call should be handled by a pharmacist or a technician
- Enter new drug orders and refill information into patient profiles
- Compare patient medication bins with pharmacy and nursing records
- Return unnecessary and/or outdated medication to pharmacy
- Reconcile use records and report any discrepancies
- Receive, prepare, and distribute floor stock requisitions
- Assist in maintaining adequate inventory levels in dispensing areas
- Prepare and maintain the emergency medication systems
- Prepare sterile products for administration to patients
- Select proper diluents and vehicles and determine appropriate stability
- Prepare cytotoxic agents for administration
- Prepare and deliver narcotics and narcotic admixtures
- Conduct narcotic perpetual inventories as directed
- Meet quality and quantity requirements for new orders, unit doses, and IV admixtures
- Ensure compliance with hazardous waste collection and disposal procedures
- Transport prescriptions & pharm equipment to clinics/nursing floors.
- Answer/screen/triage phone calls.
- Restock Omnicell Anesthesia Workstations and Omnicell Cabinets.
- Certified Pharmacy Technician certification through PTCB or ExCPT
- CO State Pharmacy Technician license – DORA
- High School Diploma
- Previous experience as a Pharmacy Technician preferred
- Non-sterile & sterile compounding
- Pharmaceutical math calculation
Job ID: 48371