Lakeshore Talent is working alongside a reputable hospital system in Chicago, IL to fill an immediate Patient Access Specialist need.
CONTRACT LENGTH: 3 months to start with potential for extension or hire
SHIFT: Day shifts, start and end times vary
Provides exceptional customer service to patients; correctly identifies and collects patient demographic information
An employee in this position may be called upon to perform any/all of the following duties as well as additional related tasks.
- Register new patients
- Schedule Appointments
- Transfer calls to appropriate personnel
- Coordinate communication between business units
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision
WHAT YOU BRING:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Previous customer service/call center experience
- 1+ years customer service or medical office experience required
- Epic experience is preferred
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action
- Candidates should be professional, reliable and willing to work
Because this position is in a healthcare setting, immunization records must be up-to-date (MMR, Varicella, Tdap, Flu, Covid-19).