Lakeshore Talent is partnered with a reputable healthcare network based in Denver, CO in their search for a Cancer Registrar. This position is a 3 month contract role that is 100% remote – with a potential for extension or hire!
Shift: Monday – Friday from 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Reviews provisional pathology log and document positive cases.
- Reviews death certificates and diagnostic indices.
- Maintains case file including information retrieved through case finding reviews.
- Abstracts and codes required Information in the ERS system. Standard is 10 per week.
- Monitors compliance for abstract completion with other cancer registry team members, permanent or contract.
- Performs monthly audits on completed work to ensure quality of work and abstract submissions.
- Empowered to educate in the setting if incomplete or incorrect work performance from other cancer registry team members.
- Responsible for on-boarding and training of other cancer registry team members.
- Participate in interviews and provide recommendations on hiring candidates.
- Accesses imaging, SSI death index, Vital Records, sending out monthly patient and physician letters; standard is 4 per hour;
- follow up must be done the first week of each month.
- Submits monthly transfer of total cases based on date of first contact to State Registry to maintain compliance with State timeliness standard and current completeness standard of analytic cases.
- Responsible for maintaining user account in CStar program
- Develops and maintains relationship with the State Cancer Registry and implements updated program requirements
- determined by local and national governing bodies.
- Submits weekly production log each Monday containing production stats for the previous week.
- Gathers positive cases.
- Retrieves information from pathology provisional list and cytology slips every Monday before the conference.
- Serves as primary contact and liaison between the oncology physicians and cancer registry program
- Documents patient social information (age, site, location, diagnosis), add any additional comments, name of presenter and
- case information.
- Prepares agenda, make copies and distribute appropriately
- Monthly clears all errors from abstracts completed in ERS.
- Submits abstracts to state and produce reports for statistical reporting.
- Through the Hospital system’s data warehouse assists with Research data needed by any provider for grants or certification
- Provides appropriate medical records in a timely manner.
- Acknowledges all requests and assure appropriate response in a timely manner.
- Delegates reporting requests as appropriate
- Identifies the specifics of the requests before retrieving the information.
- Provides the requestor with the information already available in the Tumor Registry before retrieving the information.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- 4-6 years of experience in Cancer Registry field or similar work Required and
- 1-3 years of medical billing/coding experience preferred.
*Due to this position being in a healthcare setting, employees must have up to date vaccinations (including Covid-19, 2022 Flu, MMR, Varicella, and TDaP)