Are you ready to take your payroll expertise and knowledge of the healthcare staffing industry to the next level? Lakeshore talent is partnering with a world leading EOR and AOR servicer to the Staffing and Recruiting industry in search of a Payroll Compliance Specialist where you’ll play a crucial role in ensuring the accuracy and compliance of payroll processes for their healthcare staffing clients. The Payroll Compliance Specialist will work closely with a larger payroll processing and operations team as the subject matter expert on payroll practices of clinical workers in the healthcare staffing industry. This position will report to the Vice President of Payroll & Billing.
- Stay Ahead of Compliance: Maintain expert knowledge of local, state, and federal payroll compliance requirements, ensuring our healthcare staffing clients meet all legislative updates and changes.
- Utilize Cutting-Edge Tools: Harness the power of healthcare staffing tools and software like Bullhorn, LaborEdge, and MakeShift to pull and audit time & attendance records with precision.
- Process Payroll Efficiently: Take charge of processing weekly and bi-weekly payroll for thousands of clinical workers across multiple clients and facilities.
- Audit for Accuracy: Implement rigorous audit controls and standards for payroll and timekeeping systems, ensuring accuracy in calculations such as FLSA wage rates, per diem for travel nurses, premium pay for nurses and clinical workers, and alternative work-week schedules.
- Continuous Improvement: Conduct ongoing audits on payroll practices, identify areas for improvement, and develop documentation and training materials to enhance payroll team efficiency and compliance.
- Problem-Solving Champion: Dive deep into root cause analysis for system issues, providing recommendations and solutions to ensure payroll accuracy and compliance.
- Collaborate and Train: Work collaboratively across departments to develop and execute compliance strategies, while also aiding in the training and development of payroll team members.
Qualifications and Expertise:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in human resources or business with a strong compliance focus.
- Experience: Minimum of 10 years in a payroll processing role with a national company, including at least 5 years specifically in healthcare staffing.
- Certification: CPP required.
- Interpersonal Skills: Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate effectively across departments.
- Initiative and Adaptability: Self-starter with a sense of urgency, strong work ethic, and ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Problem-Solving: Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Compensation, Location, and Benefits:
Salary: $75,000.00 – $85,000.00 USD plus bonus potential.
Location: Based in the U.S. 100% Remote
Benefits: Paid vacation, sick days, personal days, holidays, medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurances, 401(k) retirement plan with company match, and many more ancillary benefits.