Lakeshore Talent has partnered with a prominent Asset Management firm in Chicago in their search for an Accounting Assistant to support their Hedge Fund Accounting group. This is a small, engaging, and inquisitive team seeking to add a team member who loves learning and solving puzzles. They offer stability, learning & development, and a supportive culture. This is a direct hire opportunity with salary offering above market and will be based on the individual candidates experience.
Open to recent Accounting/ Finance grads with internship experience.
Assisting with daily and month-end fund operations and accounting processes including:
• Manage all aspects of the accounts payable process, including bank and internal reconciliations
• Verify the accuracy of vendor invoices, research discrepancies, verify payment instructions and generate payments
• Interface daily with fund administrator, prime brokers, swap counterparties and trading desks to assist with cash and position reconciliation of swap and prime brokerage accounts, promptly researching and correcting discrepancies
• Serve as liaison and facilitate break resolution between the fund administrator, prime broker and swap counterparties
• Assist with calculation of collateral requirements for OTC derivatives; reconciliation of valuations and collateral posted for various OTC transactions
• Work within a group environment to assist with the processing of trade files, securities transfers, cash wires and trade settlements (cash and OTC)
• Recognize and troubleshoot P&L and accounting issues
• Participate in Ad Hoc reporting requests
• Liaise with compliance and other internal groups to assist with their initiatives
• Participate in the on-boarding process for new accounts and products
• Degree in Accounting or Finance
• Excellent attention to detail and strong time management skills
• Exceptional written, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Strong skills in Microsoft Office (Excel)
• All candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Minimum salary 55K with potential for higher salary with more experience.