Accounting Operations Manager
Lakeshore Talent is currently seeking an Accounting Operations Manager for one of their clients, based out of Englewood, Colorado. This is Hybrid Direct Hire Position and pays 80K- 95K (depending on experience).
Background and drug screen required upon hire.
As the Accounting Operations Manager you will help support the revenue recognition process flow for supplier rebates, which includes validation of vendor agreements, accruals, and collections. The Accounting Operations Manager will complete vendor audits and provide Executive-level management analytics.
- Oversee, manage, and mentor the day-to-day work of 5-6 employees.
- Research and identify deficiencies in current processes related to program management.
Plan, perform, and implement process improvement initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with SOX controls and Revenue Recognition policies.
- Ensure all month-end accrual entries are processed based on various deadlines and procedures.
- Provide leadership to drive and influence change cross-functionally.
- Develop, maintain, and manage effective relationships with various business and functional groups within the organization.
- Additional responsibilities include month-end activities, ad hoc supplier reports, and customer profitability reports.
- Review supplier reconciliations and provide guidance to resolve variances.
- Oversight of SOX and Operational Financial controls.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, related or equivalent experience.
- Experience in both Accounts Receivable and General Ledger accounting.
- Strong understanding of GAAP, particularly revenue recognition.
- Experience supporting Marketing and Sales departments preferred.
- Proven ability to manage and develop staff.
- Strong communication, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail, high level of accuracy, and multi-tasking skills essential.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel with knowledge of Microsoft Access.
- 3-5 years of related experience in program management and/or process flows.