Lakeshore Talent is seeking a Benefits Coordinator for a client in Englewood, CO. This position pays $50-$63k. The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 2 years direct experience with FMLA, retirement plan administration, employee compensation, workers’ compensation and benefits preferred.
This is starting as a 3-month contract with the potential to be extended or go permanent.
- Participates as a member of the Human Resources Team. Contributes to the development and implementation of departmental goals, objectives, policies, procedures and service standards.
- Monitors Federal and State regulations pertaining to benefits, retirement and Workers’ Compensation for compliance.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual IRS reporting requirements to comply with all government regulations including Affordable Care Act (ACA) reporting, Creditable Coverage reporting and retirement reporting.
- Assist with the claims process for Workers’ Compensation, including file set-up and online reporting. Documents all claim activity, following up with the insurance carrier regarding claims status from beginning to closure.
- Assists with reviews of City positions to ensure classification accuracy for Workers’ Compensation.
- Liaison for employee benefit issues between employee and vendor, with the expectation of high-level customer service and effective problem solving.
- Serves as the record custodian for the retirement plans and the Workers’ Compensation program.
- Assist with the coordination of the City’s retirement plans and the deferred compensation plan including training and database management. Monitors all retirement plans benefit activity, including participant eligibility
- Assists with the annual open enrollment meetings. Coordinates the annual Health and Benefit Fair. Coordinates the Wellness Programs and provides support to the Employee Wellness Committee.
- Assists with online benefit enrollment to ensure accurate results and smooth enrollments throughout the year, including frequent auditing.
- Reviews, reconciles and submits bills for payment regarding benefit and retirement vendors.
- Participates in training and professional development.
- Participates in various board meetings such as Employee Advisory Committee, Wellness, and others as assigned.
- Assists with the citywide safety program including safety committees and accident reviews. Ensures the compliance of loss control standards at department levels. Coordinates and assists with departmental safety training.
- Administers COBRA notifications and other legal documents as necessary.
- Updates, maintains, and audits the Retiree Health Assistance program for all eligible retirees.
- Must be willing to travel from location to location within the City limits.
- Performs other duties as assigned and required.
- Education: Associate's required, Bachelor's preferred
- Work Experience: Minimum of 2 years direct experience with retirement plan administration, employee compensation, Workers’ Compensation and benefits preferred. Basic knowledge of a HRIS system preferred.
- Certifications and/or Licensures : CEBS, PHR, preferred
- Working knowledge of: Defined benefit and defined contribution retirement plans, Deferred individual retirement accounts, Benefits and open enrollment, Workers’ Compensation processes, Employee compensation, HRIS applications (Ultipro and Tyler New World preferred)
- Proficiency with Windows, Microsoft Office, Tyler New World or equivalent, Excel, Ultimate Software
Working knowledge of:
- Federal government regulations
- State statutes
- City ordinances and resolutions
- Accounting principles