Lakeshore Talent has partnered with a large Orthotics Company in South Bend IN to staff a direct hire Billing Associate Role. 4 day workweek and excellent benefits!
Position Summary: The Billing Associate performs a variety of complex clerical and accounting functions for patient billing, including verification of invoice information, maintenance of third party billing records, and resolution of a variety of problems. The Billing Associate follows- up on submitted claims and patient billing; resubmits claims or resolves claim problems. The Billing Associate exhibits a high level of organization, excellent customer service skills and is attentive to detail and is responsible for the following essential duties and responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processing billings to patients and third party reimbursement claims; maintaining supporting documented files and current patient addresses.
- Processing patient statements, keys data, posts transactions, and verifying accuracy of input.
- Researching and responding by telephone and in writing to patient inquiries regarding billing problems.
- Following up on submitted claims, monitoring unpaid claims, initiating tracers and resubmitting claims as necessary.
- May receive and receipt cash items and third party reimbursements; posts and reconciles payments to patient ledgers.
- Balancing daily batches and reports; preparing income reports and statistics; distributing reports.
- Maintaining patient demographic information and data collection systems.
- Participating in development of organization procedures and updating forms and manuals.
- Performing a variety of general clerical duties, including telephone reception, front-office support, and other routine functions.
- Ensuring strict confidentiality of patient financial records.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
- High School degree required, Associate degree preferred; Preferred certification(s) from courses in Medical Coding.
- Any combination or equivalent of degree requirement, and one to three years of related experience involving the essential functions of this position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Company organization, operations, policies and objectives.
- Applicable sections of state and federal insurance laws and codes.
- Time management skills.
- Accurate keyboard skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office and Medical software.
- Skills in both written and verbal communication.
- Resolve difficult and non-routine problems requiring billing/coding and interpretation.
- High level of organization.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Dexterity of hands to operate a computer keyboard as well as seeing to read and review materials for accuracy.
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information with patients, and other staff and the public.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Office environment.
- The incumbent must be capable of working in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to multi-task.
Pay is $16 – $18 per hour depending on experience.