Lakeshore Talent has partnered with a large hospital in Naperville Illinois. We are seeking candidates for Certified Surgical Technician contract roles.
A Surgical Technician, or Surgery Technician, is responsible for assisting with surgical procedures in an operating room. Their duties include gathering and organizing all surgical tools needed for a procedure, monitoring a patient’s vital signs throughout surgical procedures or assisting surgical teams by handing them tools and re-sterilizing the operating room post-surgery.
Responsibilities for Surgical Technologist
- Prepare and organize the operating room equipment, instruments, and supplies as required for various surgical procedures
- Anticipate surgeon and patient needs during a procedure
- Take care of specimens, prepare, check, and monitor medications, and assist with dressings
- Set up a sterile and sanitary environment, and maintain the sterile field for the patient during procedures
- Utilize correct body mechanics in moving, transporting, and positioning patients, stretchers, and/or tables in order to prevent injury to patient and personnel
- Follow relevant safety and sanitation guidelines
- Participate in orientation and education of all operating room staff on an ongoing basis
- Participate in stocking and restocking medical supplies
- Inspect, replace, and sterilize medical instruments
- Provide surgeons and patients with necessary instruments, supplies, and equipment
Qualifications for Surgical Technologist
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Certification as a surgical technologist preferred, or similar experience in practical nursing or an operating room
- 1-2 years experience working as a surgical tech
- Continuing in-services and educations program required
- Current Basic Life Support certificate required
- Ability to interact comfortably with a high volume of patients, families, and staff in a stressful environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of operation and maintenance of equipment and supplies located in the operating room
Contract: 13 weeks
Schedule: 10 hour shifts – day
Pay: $21 per hour, flexible with experience.