Lakeshore Talent is currently seeking a Medical Lab Technician for one of their clients, a large well known healthcare company located in downtown Chicago, IL.
Location: Chicago, IL
Pay: $65-68/hr, depending on experience
Contract Length: 3 months, with high potential for extension or hire
Shift: 8:00am – 4:30pm, weekends as needed
Because this is a healthcare position, proof of immunization records are required upon hire (MMR, Varicella, TB, TDAP, COVID, 2022/2023 Flu Shot)
- Performs all aspects of pre-analytic workflow appropriate for the Diagnostic Molecular Biology laboratory to ensure orders are entered correctly, specimens collected are appropriate for the test ordered and are correctly process/transported.
- Verifies order where necessary.
- Verifies non-patient information (e.g., collection time) according to established protocol.
- Handles unresolved orders, troubleshoots where needed.
- Verifies with physician and/or nurses prior to LIS order entry to resolve unclear, duplicate or otherwise ambiguous orders.
- Verifies specimens for add-on tests are available and acceptable and generates add-on test orders.
- Recognizes when fraud and abuse compliance issues require adjustments to the test order.
- Collecting, receiving and processing of specimens.
- Verifies specimens are correctly and completely labeled upon receipt.
- Evaluates specimens for appropriateness and takes necessary corrective action.
- Appropriately documents unacceptable specimens.
- Prioritizes specimen processing based on established priorities.
- Aliquots specimens according to established protocols.
- Performs all aspects of analytical testing appropriate for the specific laboratory section.
- Maintains test system integrity
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Medical Technology or Medical Laboratory Technician certification, required
- Molecular Lab experience, required
- Strong phlebotomy skills
- Strong communication skills and attention to details
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Professional, reliable and willing to work
JOB ID: 46102