Lakeshore Talent is currently seeking a Construction Assistant Project Manager for one of their clients, a large company based in Denver, CO. This is an in-office or at job sites, direct hire position and pays $80K-90K (depending on experience). This position has hours of 7am-4/5pm with occasional Saturday work.
- Subcontractor / vendor selection and buy-out
- Budget setup, including sub jobs and rate verification
- Project specific modifications to company standard procedures and subcontracts as approved by the Construction Manager
- Internal reporting, including monthly job cost forecast
- External reporting
- Procurement of permits
- Procurement of bonds & insurance
- OAC meeting facilitation and meeting minutes
- Approval and proper coding of all subcontractor / vendor payments
- Review, approve and manage misc. vendor and labor expenditures
- Preparation of Owner billing, processing of such, and follow up on collections
- Review and approval of subcontractor changes
- Preparation of changes to the Owner, and facilitation of change management process
- Owner communications, including all change / delay notices
- Oversight of submittal process
- Oversight of LEED or other green program
- Oversight of clarification / document control process
- Oversight of schedule management
- Oversight of quality control process
- Oversight of safety program
- Develop and implement job turnover plan
- Develop and implement contract closeout plan
- Facilitate dispute resolution
- Mentor PE as directed by PM
- Other duties: Participate in company training, assist with pre-construction (including estimating and quantification), participate in presentations and assist in development of proposals, participate in industry organizations.
- Four-year college degree in engineering, architecture or construction management with at least 4 years of commercial building construction experience required.
- Experience must demonstrate mastery of the PE role.
- Thorough knowledge of and expertise in the role of Project Engineer.
- Must show competency in problem solving, decision making, dispute resolution, customer satisfaction, personnel management and overall leadership capability.
- Potential for future networking and marketing a plus.
- Proficiency in Procore, MS Office Suite, MS Project highly desired.