Lakeshore Talent is currently seeking a Construction Manager for one of their clients, a large company based in Lakewood, CO. This is a direct hire position and pays $100K-110K (depending on experience) with a 15% bonus.
Background check required upon hire as well as proof of COVID vaccinations.
We are seeking a Construction Manager to work with the development department to oversee and coordinate multiple construction projects from start to finish.
- Provides leadership in initial planning stage by collaborating with clients, architects, engineers, or other involved parties; develops detailed description of jobs and materials necessary to complete project.
- Schedules and coordinates projects in logical steps and budgets the time necessary to meet each deadline.
- Prepares and submits budget estimates and regularly communicates with client concerning budget progress and costs.
- Ensures adherence to the budget and, when unexpected complications or issues arise, makes quick and necessary adjustments.
- Plans, coordinates, organizes, oversees, and directs activities regarding the construction and remodels of assigned structures, facilities, and systems.
- Ensures safety standards and guidelines are followed on the jobsite and that all safety codes are met in construction.
- Oversees contract negotiations, revisions, and additions and adherence by all parties.
- Collaborates with team, supervisory staff, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve problems, including work procedures, complaints, and construction or design issues.
- Manages and leads actions that are necessary due to delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction sites.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with a variety of people, including owners, managers, designers, supervisors, tradespersons, and craft workers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ensures construction projects are completed on time and to the owner’s satisfaction.
- Track deliveries and installations on projects.
- Receive invoices and review against quotes prior to approval
- Create construction file and assemble project close out documents.
- Obtain all requirements needed to request Landlord TI reimbursements.
- Review lease and coordinate utility and trash disposal services.
- Update status report weekly.
- Maintain all electronic construction file templates and ftp site.
- Working with the Design and Facilities teams to forecast long lead items.
- Review lease work exhibits for tenants’ requirements on projects.
- Coordinate with design department project status / changes that affect prototype.
- Project specific vendor and order management as needed.
- Create ongoing relationship with LL management from possession date until project construction completion.
- Schedule, manage and follow-up turnover to Operations and completion of punch list items.
- Work closely with the Facilities Team regarding assistance with Sub-contractor lists for the successful GC and providing feedback on equipment specifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction science, Construction Management, or Civil Engineering preferred.
- At least five years of construction experience required.
- Ability to travel to construction sites often as needed to validate timelines and project status.
- Construction Manager certification by the American Institute of Constructors or Construction Management Association of America preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Thorough understanding of contracts, plans, specifications, and regulations.
- Ability to remain flexible and efficient in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to make intelligent and quick decisions, working well under pressure, and when faced with unexpected occurrences or delays.
- Ability to effectively multitask while analyzing and solving problems.
- Thorough understanding of engineering, architectural, and other construction drawings.
- Must be able to communicate to all levels of management.
- Must be able to take control and work independently without supervision.