Lakeshore Talent is seeking two Cooks to support he busy Culinary Team at one of Chicago's leading teaching hospitals. We have both full and part time hours available.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares other menu entrees and other items per production schedule utilizing sophisticated equipment for hot preparation.
- Prepares the correct product, in the correct amount, as indicated by forecast information, using computer adjusted recipes; follows procedure in accordance with established standards and methods; verifies recipe accuracy and assists management in maintaining accurate recipes
- Participates in recipe standardization process
- Checks refrigerators, freezers and dry storage areas daily for utilization of leftovers and proper rotation of products.
- Serves and stores food at correct temperatures, maintains temperatures of items served and stored.
- Adheres to time schedules for production and service
- Assists with inventory control as assigned by Manager
- Wraps, labels, dates and stores products correctly
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of work area and equipment; performs cleaning duties as assigned
- Complies with all regulatory agency standards and all departmental policies and procedures.
- Trains new personnel as assigned
- Orients dietetic interns to work area as assigned
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma
- Certificate of Completion in Culinary Arts and/or Associates Degree in Culinary Arts preferred
- City of Chicago Sanitation Certification required within six months of hire and maintain thereafter
- Minimum three years cooking experience