Lakeshore Talent is partnered with one of the leading hospitals in Chicago in their search for a Culinary Cook. This role performs culinary duties as assigned for food and entrée production across the hospital.
Looking for people with open availability between 4:30 a.m. and 9:30 p.m. Monday through Sunday.
- Temporary to Hire, Hours could change once hired
- Pay based on experience between $18 and $24 per hour
Our client offers (once hired):
- great benefits (at great rates!) available within 30 days of hire
- 26 paid days off a year
- 403(b) plan with an employer match plan
- tuition reimbursement plan
- opportunities for advancement both inside and outside the department
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Prepares menu entrees and other items per production schedule utilizing sophisticated equipment for hot preparation.
- May prepare food for different areas of the hospital such as menu entrees, patient service, retail sales and catered functions as specified by system recipe.
- Verifies recipe accuracy and assists management in maintaining accurate recipes.
- Functions as support staff to entree cook as assigned.
- Participates in recipe standardization process.
- Checks refrigerators, freezers and dry storage areas daily for utilization of leftovers and proper rotation of products.
- Adheres to time schedules for production and service.
- Assists with inventory control as assigned by Manager.
- Wraps, labels, dates and stores products correctly.
- Serves and stores food at correct temperatures, maintains temperatures of items served and stored.
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of work area and equipment; performs cleaning duties as assigned.
- Complies with all regulatory agency standards and all departmental policies and procedures.
- Trains new personnel as assigned.
- Orients dietetic interns to work area as assigned.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Three years recent cooking experience.
- Two years general cooking experience in cold food preparation and/or Cook’s assistant.
- Illinois Department of Public Health and City of Chicago Sanitation Certification required within six months of hire and maintain thereafter.
- High School or Equivalent (GED)
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Must be able to provide proof of the Covid Vaccine
- Must be able to provide proof of the following vaccinations: TDap, Varicella, MMR and TB Test
Culinary school a plus!