Lakeshore Talent has partnered with a global IT company to staff a temp to hire Desktop Systems Engineer role.
Remote from anywhere in the US except for the following where the company does not do business: Alaska, DC, Hawaii, Idaho, Kentucky, Montana, Nevada, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Wyoming.
The Desktop Systems Engineer role is responsible for establishing the standard system build for PCs/Laptops and Mobile devices. This role will be accountable to test, deploy and maintain those devices in accordance to company policies and security standards. Assist in identifying issues and root causes using problem analysis and then implementing temporary or permanent fixes to restore service within the agreed upon operational level agreements
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience required
- 3 – 5 years previous desktop support or IT help desk experience
- Appropriate certifications such as A+, MCSA, MCP are not required, but are highly desirable
- Experience with Office 365, Windows 10, Skype, VOIP, Remedy, JIRA, network printers, SCCM, Bomgar, Jamf, Intune, Microsoft Configuration Manager
SCCM, Microsoft configuration manager, Powershell, Windows, MAC a bonus, packaging software, JAMP
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to learn and use professional concepts
- Ability to communicate highly technical information to both technical and non-technical users
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and tight deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and the latest Windows and MAC operating systems
- Strong scripting language skills (PowerShell, Bash, Python, etc.)
- Knowledge with network concepts and terminology, troubleshooting, and support (DHCP, DNS, VLAN, etc.)
- Ability to provide IT related duties after hours, on weekends, and during holidays for executive escalations, outages, emergency situations, moves, etc. as needed (both during regular on-call rotation as well as outside of regular on-call rotation)
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment and possess a self-starter attitude
- Ability to follow, create, and modify procedures and knowledge articles
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language in a business environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to stay current with emerging trends and technologies in the desktop support field.
Pay is $32 – $37 depending on experience.