Lakeshore Talent is seeking a Director of Compensation for a healthcare staffing agency. This is a direct hire role. Candidates will be working remotely.
Location: Preference for someone in Denver or Cincinnati, but candidates can be from other cities if comfortable traveling 15% of the time.
Pay Range: $125K-145K + bonus, based on qualifications and experience
Benefits package includes: Health, Dental, Vision, HSA/FSA, Company-paid Life & Disability insurance, 401K w/ employer match, Paid Time off, Paid Parental Leave, and Tuition Reimbursement
Summary : Plan and execute compensation and financial analyses for use in the development of strategic and day-to-day compensation related business decisions, job evaluations, research, design, communication, implementation and administration of compensation programs, policies, and procedures.
In this role you will also assist with the evaluation, analysis, and administration of compensation programs that align with company compensation strategies and take into consideration local laws and regulations, and market competitiveness to enhance and improve their impact on the business. And you’ll be responsible for variable compensation and equity programs.
- Develop and administer compensation structures including executive, staff, and sales compensation plans.
- Assist in developing, organizing, and modifying job descriptions; and determining appropriate salary grades.
- Advise appropriate pay for hiring talent and internal hires & promotions, working with talent acquisition and hiring managers.
- Guide and educate management and TA staff on compensation policies & philosophy including internal and external salary offers, promotions, demotions, equity adjustment.
- Conduct job analysis to determine appropriate salary level according to compensation guidelines along with determining FLSA status.
- Manage the administration of salary surveys and other pay revaluation programs.
- Analyze company compensation policies in relation to government wage & hour and pay equity regulations, prevailing rates for similar jobs in comparable industries or geo areas and recommend changes as appropriate to establish and maintain competitive rates.
- Recommend special compensation programs or incentive systems for all employees or for specific groups to support the organization's objectives.
- Research, analyze and provide feedback on internal and external market trends.
- Supervise salary surveys on behalf of the organization and determine what surveys align with the business, organizational needs, and pay practices.
- Perform annual and ad hoc market analysis and provide recommendations regarding changes to geographic zones, salary grades and jobs.
- Manage the HRIS Compensation module and job tables.
- Manage the annual merit process and mass salary adjustment projects.
- Support the budget reviews and needs for fiscal year adjustments, minimum wage adjustments, or other related costs associated with the compensation planning.
- Manage salary, job changes and compensation workflows within the HRIS. Ensures data accuracy and develops processes and procedures.
- Participate in development and administration of performance review system to ensure compliance with salary administration guidelines.
- Effectively supervise and manage direct reports and provide, by example and leadership, motivation, and direction to employees of the organization.
- 7+ years’ experience in compensation administration (executive and sales comp). 7+ years’ experience HRIS analysis preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience.
- Computer proficient and possess advanced Excel skills, experience with Microsoft office, and able to quickly learn new software. Workday experience preferred. Basic knowledge of SQL, VB, VBA or other programming languages preferred.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Able to analyze data and statistics and draw reasonable conclusions and compile accurate reports; and apply math to practical situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively and tactfully present information to, and communicate with, co-workers, employees, and others; ability to read, analyze and interpret regulations and other documents.
- You’re organized, detail-oriented, diplomatic, proactive, self-motivated, dependable, and driven by excellence.
- Even-temperament, with ability to balance multiple tasks in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work sensitively and effectively with individuals of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.