Lakeshore Talent is seeking a recent grad with an interest in Healthcare for an immediate opening with a hospital in Chicago. This is a contract role with the potential for extension and/or hire.
This is a great opportunity for a recent college graduate as previous experience is not a requirement!
This will be starting as a 3 month contract position with opportunity to extend
Hours are 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Pay for the role is $20/hr.
- Will provide exceptional customer service to patients and establish a positive first impression
- Will contact patients regarding self pay and out of network status
- Correctly identifies and collects patient demographic information in accordance with organization standards
- Monitors admission / registration and scheduled surgeries flow of patient information through the revenue cycle
- Serves as a resource to staff and patients for insurance related issues
- Reviews patient electronic medical record for appropriate diagnosis and pre-treatment rendered
- Consults with physicians and their assistants whenever questions arise to insure timely approvals
- Insures all admissions, scheduled surgeries, and certain outpatient procedures are financially cleared, to allow for maximum and timely reimbursement to the hospital
- Interacts with various hospital departments and physicians offices to effectively schedule and direct patients through the hospital systems in a patient/customer friendly manner
- Informs patients of any issues with securing the financial account for their encounter and completes out-of-pocket estimations as requested by patients
- Bachelor’s degree is required with a focus in an accounting or business-related field
- Background check
- Drug Screen
- Some accounting experience or internships are helpful but not required
- Bilingual- English/Spanish a plus
- Must be able to provide proof of immunizations and be willing to get a flu shot
Please send resumes as well as a minimum of two professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org