Lakeshore Talent is seeking experienced Food Service team members for immediate openings on one of Chicago’s leading hospitals.
This is a temp to hire role! . This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door with a leader in Healthcare!
Pay: $15-$17 per hour
Full time hours!
Schedule: Looking for people to work between 5 a.m. and 9:30 p.m. Monday through Sunday.
Work 3 morning shifts, a day off and then work 2-3 evening shifts a day off, think of it as opening shift and closing shift.
Every other weekend off!
Food Service Team Members:
Prepares, portions, and serves food for patients/ patient families, external retail customers, hospital employees and catering customers in the assigned unit.
Gathers, distributes, and unloads needed supplies and equipment to complete tasks and maintains inventories of these supplies as part of daily work assignment.
Sets up, supplies, and dismantles serving stations and organizes food supplies, dishes, utensils, and disposables according to department procedures (Retail serving lines and Central Kitchen patient tray line).
Handles food safely following department and healthcare regulatory agency guidelines and standards for the preparation, heating/cooling, labeling, and safe storage of food products.
Takes and records temperatures according to directions in order to maintain safe food holding and storage temperatures.
Assembles, checks accuracy, and delivers meal/late trays as assigned (Central Kitchen).
Cleans, arranges, and sanitizes work, service, and dining areas and cleans equipment frequently using approved chemicals as established by the department and healthcare regulatory agencies.
Participates in recipe standardization.
Fills ice containers, maintains required sanitation of ice machines, scoops and buckets.
Arrange chairs in dining areas; make sure all furniture is thoroughly cleaned and in its proper position.
Performs dish room duties such as transporting soiled items, dismantling food carts, scraping, sorting silverware, racking, loading/unloading dish machine, re-supplying work unit areas in the kitchen, dining, and service areas as assigned.
Disposes of waste in containers or disposals
Follows hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
Required skills & abilities:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-2 years of recent food services experience
- ServSafe Food Handler Certification
- Able to perform as an active team player
- Good interpersonal skills, outgoing personality
- Able to demonstrate basic math skills
- Must be able to lift 30 – 50 pounds and push or pull a cart
- Work demands 100% walking and/or standing; work duties may demand standing in place for extended periods, stooping, bending, lifting, pushing and pulling.
- Work environment involves the ability to tolerate temperature and climate changes (hot, humid, cold, steam, wet); requires individuals to move in and out of refrigerated areas and work in a dish room operation which is a warm, wet and noisy area.
Must be able to provide either proof of Covid vaccination or an acceptable accommodation form.
Must be able to provide proof of vaccination for the following: TDap, Varicella, TB Test, MMR and Flu Shot