Schedule: 4pm to 9:30 p.m. Monday through Sunday; you be scheduled 5 of days a week with rotating weekends. After training is complete there will be opportunity for increased hours.
- Turns on and uses equipment; Prepares food items requiring little technical knowledge; Portions, and serves food for patients/ patient families, external retail customers, hospital employees and catering customers in assigned unit. (Patient Services/Central Kitchen, Cafeteria, catering, department operated kiosks).
- Gathers, distributes, and unloads needed supplies and equipment to complete tasks and maintains inventories of these supplies as part of daily work assignment.
- Sets up, supplies, and dismantles serving stations and organizes food supplies, dishes, utensils, and disposables according to department procedures (Retail serving lines and Central Kitchen patient tray line).
- Handles food safely following department and healthcare regulatory agency guidelines and standards for the preparation, heating/cooling, labeling, and safe storage of food products.
- Takes and records temperatures according to directions in order to maintain safe food holding and storage temperatures.
- Assembles, checks accuracy, and delivers meal/late trays as assigned (Central Kitchen).
- Cleans, arranges, and sanitizes work, service, and dining areas and cleans equipment frequently using approved chemicals as established by the department and healthcare regulatory agencies.
- Participates in recipe standardization.
- Fills ice containers, maintains required sanitation of ice machine, scoops and buckets.
- Arrange chairs in dining areas; makes sure all furniture is thoroughly cleaned and in its proper position.
- Performs dish room duties such as transporting soiled items, dismantling food carts, scraping, sorting silverware, racking, loading/unloading dish machine, re-supplying work unit areas in the kitchen, dining, and service areas as assigned.
- Disposes of waste in containers or disposals
- Follows hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
- Assists in the training of personnel as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills: Able to perform as an active team players
Good interpersonal skills, outgoing personality
Able to demonstrate basic math skills
Must have Food Safety Certification
Pay is 16- 17 per hour depending on experience