Lakeshore Talent is working with a well-known hospital for an on-site Health Information Associate in Aurora, CO.
Pay: $25-$26 per hour, depending on experience
Shift: Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm
Because this position is in a healthcare setting, employees must have up to date immunization records (MMR, TDaP, Varicella, Covid, Seasonal Flu).
An employee in this position may be called upon to assist with any and/or all of the following tasks as well as additional related tasks.
- Answer telephone calls, provide assistance and respond to general inquiries related to medical records
- Perform clerical duties associated with medical record scanning
- Assemble and maintain complete medical records, scan medical records accurately and timely, validate accuracy of scanned documents
- Pull and file medical records as needed
- Ensure confidentiality of all medical records information and complete forms for release of information
- Audit medical records to ensure compliance
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent, required
- Degree in Health Information Management, preferred
- RHIT/RHIA certification, preferred
- 2+ years of experience with Health Information Management, Medical Records, or Release of Information, required
- Experience with payer audit and risk adjustment audit requests, preferred
Job ID: 46688