Lakeshore Talent is searching for an Infection Preventionist (IP) for a healthcare company in Longmont, CO. This is a 3-6 month contract position paying $49.50/hour.
JOB OVERVIEW: The IP conducts rounds, discusses and monitors infection prevention practices with staff members, collects infection data from departments, maintains records for each case of healthcare-associated infection, conducts outbreak investigation, trains staff members on implementation of infection prevention practices, investigates incidents of infections and reports such incidents to the appropriate person/department, and ensures availability of supplies required for infection prevention activities.
- Making recommendations regarding the prevention and control of infection on a 24-hour basis
- Providing advice for all staff members regarding the management of infectious patients/residents and other infection prevention issues
- Coordinating the annual infection control risk assessment
- Developing and implementing the annual infection prevention plan in conjunction with the IPC
- Evaluating the annual plan for goal achievement in conjunction with the IPC
- Conducting surveillance of infections
- Ensuring the completion of audits regarding the implementation of and compliance with selected policies
- Providing education and training for all staff members and independent practitioners regarding the prevention of HAIs
- Liaise with clinical teams regarding the development of standards, audits, and research
- Cooperating with the county and state department of health regarding infectious and communicable disease reporting
- 1+ year as Infection Preventionist in acute care hospital setting
- Certified in Infection Control (CIC) by the Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology (CBIC)