Lakeshore Talent is looking for an IT Technical Writer, a Technology company located in Allen, Texas. This role will be assisting in writing knowledge based technical support articles
This is an on-site and contract to hire position.
Shift: Monday – Friday
Hours: 8am – 5pm
As a IT Technical Writer you will be updating, archiving and creating Knowledge Base content for new and existing WatchGuard products. The products you will support include two major device lines, In-car Video Systems: DV1, 4RE, and M500, and body worn cameras VISTA, V300, & V700, plus any new products that are in development. Product deliverables: How to, user guides, FAQ, user documentation, and repair knowledge base articles.
- Planning, writing, and publishing multiple types of documentation deliverables for any type of hardware or software product release from kick-off to market launch and ongoing maintenance, as either the sole responsible writer, or as the senior member of a team of writers.
- Producing the best in class user-facing documentation and continuously driving and executing on improvements in user experience through cross-functional collaboration and leading by influence.
- Analyzing processes and tools used by the team, and taking action, through building consensus within the team, to ensure their continuing effectiveness in delivering to and aligning with the organization’s business objectives.
- Sponsoring, proposing, and championing creative solutions that impact the documentation team, and have cross-functional dependencies, by developing and presenting business cases to executive management and/or other teams for buy-in and/or approval.
- Track and hit KB monthly Targets
- Create video content that may be included KB articles
- Working within constraints through creative problem solving and open collaboration with both internal and external teams.
- Managing translated content and deliverables to ensure that all localized documentation is delivered in a timely manner
- Minimum 2 years related experience
- Relevant certificate or post-secondary degree is preferable, but not required, depending on experience.
- Experience with Technical writing
- Must be proficient in Google Suite, Camtasia, Snag-it
- A keen interest in defining the user experience between a combination of integrated software and hardware products.
- Able to write for a range of user audience
- Flexible to meet changing priorities in a fast paced work environment
- Able to juggle multiple on-going projects
- Self-motivated to create an efficient and scalable work environment
- Understand and proficient in generating single sourced content
- Affinity for world languages
- Comfortable maintaining and archiving documentation that has been localized.
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience or interest in KB documentation an asset
- Capable of working with a wide range of people
JOB ID 46037