Lakeshore Talent is currently seeking a Medical Scheduler for one of their clients, a large healthcare company based in Littleton, CO. This is an in-office, contract to hire position that pays $17.50-$19 per hour (depending on experience).
Proof of Covid and Flu vaccinations, background check, and drug screen (excluding THC) required upon hire.
- Schedules new patients and return appointments in the computer system in accordance with physician and/or office guidelines.
- Cancels/reschedules appointments according to physician schedule changes; notifies appropriate clinic personnel.
- Obtains and enters all authorization and correspondence relating to referrals in patients charts and computer.
- Schedules outpatient appointments/testing and hospital admissions upon request.
- Obtains necessary pre-certification as required.
- Handles new patient referrals, gathers necessary information, assigns the patient account number and schedules appointments.
- Collects co-pays, deductible and other out of pocket amounts at time of visit.
- Documents no shows in patients chart for missed visits. Follow up with patients to reschedule any missed appointments.
- Arranges for patients to have financial counseling as needed.
- Demonstrates an understanding of patient confidentiality to protect the patient and clinic/corporation.-
- Follows policies and procedures to contribute to the efficiency of the front office.
- Covers for other front office functions as requested
- High school diploma or GED required, college degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years of office experience
- Must have medical scheduling experience
Job ID: 45616