Lakeshore Talent is partnering with a well known healthcare system to fill a need for an Ophthalmic Technician in Denver, CO!
Pay: $42-$43/hour, depending on experience
Contract Length: 3 months, with potential for extension or permanent hire!
Shift: Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm OR four 10 hour shifts per week!
Saturday clinic rotation (usually once every 5 weeks) and some holiday shifts as needed
- Take medical histories and verify information
- Perform visual function and diagnostic tests, such as applanation tonometry, refraction, and retinoscopy
- Utilize tools such as a Humphrey field analyzer and OCT to take eye measurements
- Inform ophthalmologist about changes to a patient's visual acuity and other vision issues
- Dilate eyes to prepare patients for their eye exam
- Explain how to properly use eye drops or other medications
- Explain how to properly use contact lenses
- Assist with inventory management
- 2+ years experience as an Ophthalmic Tech, required
- Completion of an ophthalmic assistant or technician program, required (COA or COT)
- Experience with eye measurement tools and testing techniques, required
- Experience with electronic medical records, preferred
- Experience with computer software, preferred
JOB ID 45292