Lakeshore Talent is partnering with a large Senior Living Facility located in Louisville, CO in their search for a Part-Time RN Care Manager.
Pay Rate: $28/hour.
The Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible and accountable for providing nursing services and care to assigned patients in accordance with organizational policies and all applicable regulations. Provides direct patient care, follows nursing policies and procedures and collaborates with other team members and health care providers in various care settings as needed. The RN demonstrates the ability to make clinical judgments and utilizes critical thinking in an effective and efficient manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support and respect the resident’s unique diversity, including spiritual and cultural beliefs
- Demonstrate proper utilization of the nursing process and performs skills reflected and validated by the RN Competency Checklist
- Comprehensively assesses resident’s physical and psychological condition and provides all aspects of the resident’s clinical nursing care, including medication administration, treatments, pain management and symptom management
- Report adverse reactions to medications or treatments in accordance with company policy
- Consult and coordinate with health care team members and physician to assess, plan, implement, evaluate and update resident care plans
- Participate in the care planning process and oversees implementation of the plan
- Complete all necessary charting as required and in accordance with established charting and documentation policies and procedures
- Communicate with physicians regarding changes in condition, diagnostic test results, etc.
- Educate residents and their families on health-related issues
- Ensure patient safety at all times, by notifying the Care Manager of any risk factors noted
- Coordinate, guide, and assist LPN’s and CNA’s and ensure care is provided in accordance with care plans
- Receive reports from nursing staff on the previous shift regarding condition of the residents and care rendered and reports the same to the next shift
- Responsible for initial evaluations and management of care of a resident in emergency situations, including calling 911 and coordinating transfer of the resident to the hospital
- Participate in the Antibiotic Stewardship Program through assessment of resident and follows protocols as established by the program
- Attend staff meetings, in-service training and continuing education classes as required. Completes on-line education as assigned
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, & SKILLS:
- Current/valid RN license in the state of Colorado, including multi-state
- Must be CPR certified
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures as well as laws, regulations and guidelines that pertain to long-term care
- Must be competent with computer applications
- Flexible and cooperative in fulfilling all obligations of the position
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with residents, families, staff, and the community
- Observant and respectful of principles of confidentiality
- Must successfully pass organization’s required background screening
- Must successfully complete organization’s health screening requirements
Qualified applicants, please send a copy of your resume as an attachment to email@example.com