Lakeshore Talent is seeking a Part-Time Payroll/Benefits Specialist for a private oil and gas exploration company in Denver. Job responsibilities will include a wide range of HR tasks, such as processing payroll and administering employee benefits and leaves. This individual will act as the main point of contact for employees’ questions on HR-related topics. Pay for this position is $20-22/hour with a parking pass included, working 20-25 hour per week.
- Enters, maintains, and/or processes information in the payroll system.
- Coordinates timely submission of hourly employee time sheets.
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payrolls, withholdings, taxes, benefits, and other earnings and deductions with minimal supervision.
- Reconciles payroll to the general ledger and monthly bank statements.
- Assists in employee onboarding and offboarding.
- Responds and provides support to employees regarding various HR-related topics, including leave and compensation.
- Maintains employee personnel and medical files and records.
- Ensures compliance with labor regulations.
- Administers benefits including 401K, medical insurance, dental insurance, and FSA plans.
- Extensive knowledge of the payroll function including workers compensation, labor laws, unemployment claims, etc.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- B.S. in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources, or 3+ years of relevant work experience preferred.
- Multi-state payroll law experience preferred.