Lakeshore Talent is seeking a Patient Access Specialist for a large healthcare organization with a location in Grayslake, IL. Pay for this position is $15/hour.
- Communicates with patients and guests including greeting them upon arrival, confirming identity and providing necessary information related to their visit.
- Completes check-in/out functions as directed.
- Confirms and updates patient identification and demographic/insurance information.
- Completes patient registration as needed.
- Obtains patient consents/authorizations.
- Collects co-payments, past due balances and point of service payments.
- Posts payments, process billing information and perform end of day cash drawer closing.
- Keeps waiting area clean and comfortable.
- Informs patients of any delays or changes in appointment status. Schedules appointments as necessary.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Required: – High school diploma or GED equivalent. – Zero (0) to two (2) years experience in a customer service position.
- Bachelors degree.
- Previous experience in a healthcare setting.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
JOB ID: 41452