Lakeshore Talent is partnered with a nationally ranked healthcare organization in search for a Patient Care Technician to support a hospital in McHenry, IL.
Pay: $23-$25 per hour, depending on experience
Shift: 7:00 pm-7:30am, including rotating weekends
- Performs basic nursing care activities as delegated and supervised by an RN, including monitoring vital signs, taking blood glucose measurements, and recording intake and output.
- Assists patients with tending to personal care and activities of daily living, including bathing, grooming and eating.
- Reports abnormal findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to nursing staff.
- Assists with keeping patient rooms clean and orderly.
- Demonstrates flexibility, organization, and multi-tasking. Able to function under stressful situations.
- Utilizes critical thinking skills to successfully demonstrate the ability to prioritize and complete unit work quickly as the needs of the unit, patients and staff change.
- Serves as liaison between patient care units and all other patient related departments.
- Answers telephone, intercom and call lights in a polite manner using appropriate telephone etiquette and communicates information to the appropriate staff/family/patient.
- Manages the overall unit workflow in concert with the charge RN and/or assistant manager, on an as needed basis.
- Performs pre-census and validates daily admission, discharge and census lists, on an as needed basis.
What You Bring:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Active BLS Certification through the American Heart Association
- 1+ years of related experience, preferred
Because this position is in a healthcare setting, employees must have up to date immunizations (Varicella, MMR, Tdap, Flu, Covid-19)
Job ID: 46478
Qualified candidates please send your resume to email@example.com