Lakeshore Talent is seeking 4 Patient Schedulers for immediate openings at a Hospital in downtown Chicago. Ideal candidates will have a passion for helping others, strong customer service skills and experience in scheduling appointments. Candidates with call center experience are encouraged to apply!
***This opportunity will start as a 3 month contract but has strong potential for extension and/or hire.***
The Patient schedulers will be:
Answering all incoming calls; assessing caller's needs and directing them to the appropriate personnel.
Scheduling new and return appointments in Epic. May cancel or reschedule appointments as necessary.
Obtain appropriate records as required for upcoming appointments, scanning paperwork into EMR as necessary.
Confirm future appointments, may follow up with patients to reschedule missed appointments.
Register patients, ensuring that all demographic information is accurate and up to date.
Demonstrate understanding of patient confidentiality to protect the patient and clinic.
- Bilingual in Spanish – a plus
- Good customer service skills; handling high call volume
- Scheduling appointments
- Patient access and/or Outpatient Registration
- Medical terminology
- High volume call handling
- Experience working in a medical office setting
- High school graduate or equivalent
- 3-5 year's customer service experience preferably in medical office or hospital
- Knowledge of EHR, EMR, EPIC and/or patient scheduling modules