Lakeshore Talent has partnered with a large Orthotics company in Indianapolis, IN. We are currently seeking candidates for a Patient Service Representative role. This is a direct hire role with a 4 day work week and great benefits!
Position Summary: The Patient Service Representative answers patient inquiries about insurance, scheduling, procedures and available services. The PSR also acts as a liaison between patients and insurance companies, and facilitates communication between the patients, orthotists and the Practice Manager as well as the administrative staff. This position requires the incumbent to multi-task, while providing a high level of commitment to customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet patients and visitors in person and via telephone.
- Coordinate the operation and activities of checking in patients, pulling charts and escorting them to the patient room.
- Coordinate scheduling of data processing for the purpose of maintaining patient records, which includes electronic and hard-copy files.
- Maintain a patient record system which includes; computer-maintained information of active and inactive records.
- Coordinate patient mailings.
- Verify insurance on behalf of the patient.
- Prepare the patient room, which may include set-up and tear-down of molds.
- Follow-up with the Practitioner to ensure consistent and ongoing communication between Company and its patients.
- Translation services may apply if incumbent possessed bilingual skills.
- Other clerical duties as assigned.
- High School degree required, Associate degree preferred;
- Any combination or equivalent of degree requirement, and one to three years of related clerical experience involving frequent public contact.
- Covid Vaccine required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Company organization, operations, policies and objectives.
- Accurate keyboard skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office and Medical software.
- Resolve difficult and non-routine problems requiring billing and interpretation.
- Dexterity of hands to operate a computer keyboard as well as seeing to read and review materials for accuracy.
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information with patients, and other staff and the public.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Office environment.
- The incumbent must be capable of working in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to multi-task.
Pay is $16 – $17 per hour