Direct Hire Processing Tech roles in Lakeville, MA
Lakeshore Talent has partnered with a large Cannabis company in Lakeville, MA to staff Processing Tech roles.
Hours: 2nd shift 2 pm – 10:30 pm Sunday – Thursday
Pay is $16 per hour
The Processing Technician assists the processing team in the post-harvest processes of raw cannabis biomass as well as the packaging, labeling, and order fulfillment of cannabis-infused products.
GENERAL JOB DUTIES:
– Perform mechanical and hand bucking of cannabis biomass.
– Accurate weighing and labeling of biomass on racks and storage bins.
– Perform drying and curing duties as directed.
– Perform mechanical and hand trimming of cannabis flower
– Perform mechanical and hand packaging of cannabis flower
– Package cannabis flower by weight
– Assemble primary, secondary or tertiary packaging for all Cannabis products.
– Performs primary, secondary and tertiary packaging of Cannabis products.
– Prints and applies labels to finish packaged product.
– Responsible for light to medium maintenance of automated equipment including cleaning and preventative maintenance.
– Operates, maintains, and clean processing, packaging and labeling equipment.
– Data Entry and record-keeping of all information pertinent to the traceability of medical cannabis.
– Able to work independently as well as operating as a team.
– Follow all site Safety requirements including use of PPE. Safety meetings as required.
– Perform other functions as necessary to provide an adequate supply of products to meet patient demand.
– Conduct counts of packaging/labeling materials.
– Provide feedback to improve process quality and efficiency.
– Adheres to a rigorous production schedule and works to ensure products is processed in an accurate and timely manner.
– Adhere to strict sanitation practices throughout the facility
– Other tasks, as determined by the Director of Processing, to ensure the smooth operation of the facility.
– A High School diploma or General Education Development (GED) required
– At least 2 years relevant experience working in an order
entry/picking/labeling/packaging/customer service position.
– Excellent computer, mathematical, language, and reasoning skills
– General computer ability
– Previous experience in the medical cannabis industry (preferred)
– Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks
– Frequently sitting
– Occasionally Twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl
– The ability to communicate orally with management and other co-workers is crucial. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication may be required. Sitting or standing for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision within normal ranges are essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information, and to prepare or inspect documents.
– Some heavy lifting may be required. The exertion of up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally may be
– Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment.
– Must be comfortable operating and troubleshooting label printing equipment.