Lakeshore Talent is looking for qualified candidates for a Quality Inspector position at a medical device company located in Englewood, CO. This is starting as a 3-month contract with strong potential to go permanent.
Pay is $20.81/hour.
The Quality Inspector I is responsible for the inspection of materials, assemblies, work-in-progress, and finished medical devices, as well as the completion of documentation to determine conformance to specifications to release product for distribution and use.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Receiving Inspection of materials, work-in-progress, finished parts and assemblies and completion of associated paperwork for final release of product to the field
- Visual inspections per documented specifications
- Measurement of product features per documented specifications and inspection checklists
- Generate accurate documentation of measured characteristics for non-conformance to specifications and identify product appropriately per procedures
- Monitor calibration status of inspection equipment
- On occasion, incumbents may also be asked to do the following:
- Product labeling and packaging as needed
- Verifying, scanning, and filing documents
- Assist with identifying product status and organizing product
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma plus 1-2 years’ quality experience; Associate degree preferred
- Experience with dimensional measurement equipment such as micrometers, calipers, gage pins, dial indicators, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with precision measuring equipment such as CMM, Vision Systems,
- Basic understanding of print reading and GD&T per ANSY Y14.5
- Familiarity with 21 CFR 820/ISO13485, or other government/ISO standards preferred
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures
- Must have attention to detail and be able to work with small components
- Good handwriting and communication skills
- Basic computer skills (MS Word, Excel)
- Knowledge of machined components is a plus
This job operates onsite in a professional laboratory and office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, and basic laboratory equipment such as micrometers, calipers, drop indicators, and optical comparator.