Lakeshore Talent is currently seeking a Remote Systems Engineer for one of their clients, a large company based in Birmingham< AL. This is a remote, 6-month contract position (could go as long as 1-year) and pays $60-80/hour (depending on experience).
Background check and drug screen (excluding THC) required upon hire.
- Make changes to or upgrade existing systems designs
- Enhance and improve existing technologies to apply to new solutions
- Perform root cause analysis to identify system design issues
- Provide recommendations and implement solutions to complex problems
- Develop a detection mechanism for events using Elastic deployment.
- Monitor systems across a complex tech stack using Elastic.
- Generate and enrich data for visualization and alerts.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 8+ years of systems engineering/administration experience with Elastic Stack clusters in elastic scaling in on-premise implementations.
- 8+ years of Experience with Elastic Stack cluster architecture, design and deployment.
- 8+ years of working with and understanding software design related to Elasticsearch deployments or distributed computing / system architecture.
- 8+ years of experience using an automation/orchestration solution such as Ansible***, Chef, Puppet, Salt, etc.
- 8+ years of experience with data indexing concepts.
- Strong core Java skills and be conversant in the standard library of data structures and concurrency constructs.
- Experience with several data storage technologies like Elasticsearch, Solr, PostgresSQL, MongoDB, or Cassandra.
- Experience with the following technologies: Elasticsearch, Logstash, SIEM/SOAR
- Experience with the following technical concepts: Defense in depth, Security Automation, Access Management