Lakeshore Talent is currently seeking a Switchboard Operator for one of their clients, a large company in the healthcare industry based in Boulder, CO. This is an in-office, contract to hire position and pays $17-18/hour (depending on experience).
**Background check and drug screen required upon hire as well as proof of covid vaccination.
We are seeking a Switchboard Operator responsible for providing a full range of telephone switchboard duties, including triaging calls and relaying messages. You would assist with clerical duties as required and serve as a liaison between patients and medical staff.
- Courteously and efficiently answer all incoming calls and connect callers with the correct extension.
- Take and relay messages in an accurate and timely manner.
- Respond to emergency and urgent calls from patients in a timely manner.
- Direct callers immediately to clinical staff as necessary.
- Perform operator functions including triaging calls; connecting and transferring calls; set up conference calls; instruct users on telephone procedures; and report telephone and equipment malfunctions to the appropriate party.
- Provide a pleasant and helpful phone contact for callers.
- Responsible for opening and closing the switchboard.
- Responsible for the in-house paging system.
- Perform clerical duties as assigned to maintain workflow in the department.
- Previous experience in a medical office answering a multi-line phone required.
- Work may require sitting for long periods of time.
- Requires occasional lifting of files or paper weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, calculator, telephone, copier and other office equipment.