Lakeshore Talent is partnered with one of the Midwest's leaders in healthcare in their search for a Switchboard Operator in one of their medical centers in Geneva, IL. This is a three month contract to start.
Shift: Monday-Friday (and every other weekend) 3:00pm-11:30pm
- Answers, screens and directs all internal and external phone calls.
- Pages personnel over the intercom system or by pocket and/or radio pagers, as requested.
- Communicates with Safety team and Engineering department during any emergency calls and/or fire alerts via two-way radio and follows up with written documentation.
- Informs individuals in the hospital of fire drills, disaster drills, and other hospital issues by making overhead announcements as directed per policy or by security/safety officers.
- Provides project support to the department as assigned by supervisor
- Welcomes all visitors, vendors and business partners and directs them to the proper location.
- Updates inpatient phone list and maintains room and ext. list
- Provides visitors with wheelchairs, escort or general information as needed.
- Receives floral deliveries and assures they are delivered to proper person.
- Provides patient room #s to ambulance/medical drivers as needed.
- Assures front desk and lobby areas remain clean, net and organized
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent required
- Previous Call Center experience required
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Must be able to pass a background check and 9 panel drug test
- Because this position is in a healthcare setting, immunizations must be up to date (Varicella, MMR, Tdap, Covid, Flu)
Job ID: 44128