Lakeshore Talent is currently hiring a Switchboard Operator for a medical company based in Englewood, CO. This is an in-office, contract to hire position and pays $17.50/hour with working hours of 8:30am-5pm M-F.
Background check and drug screen (excluding THC) required upon hire as well as proof of covid vaccination.
We are seeking a Switchboard Operator responsible for providing a full range of telephone switchboard duties, including triaging calls and relaying messages. You would assist with clerical duties as required and serve as a liaison between patients and medical staff.
- Courteously and efficiently answers all incoming calls and connects callers with the correct extension.
- Takes and relays messages in an accurate and timely manner.
- Responds to emergency and urgent calls from patients in a timely manner. Directs callers immediately to clinical staff as necessary.
- Performs operator functions including triaging calls; connecting and transferring calls; setting up conference calls; instructing users on telephone procedures; and reporting telephone and equipment malfunctions to the appropriate party.
- Provides a pleasant and helpful phone contact for callers.
- Responsible for opening and closing the switchboard.
- Responsible for the in-house paging system.
- Performs clerical duties as assigned to maintain workflow in the department.
- Previous reception and phone experience preferred
- Excellent customer service/communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- One year general clerical experience
- Minimum three years office experience, preferably in a medical setting.